Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another Hobby.....

Another hobby that I have shown immense interest in over the past couple years has been cooking.  I've decided that some of my favorite recipes are just going to have to
be posted here for you to enjoy.  Especially since everytime I cook or bake
something that turns out perfect gets it's picture taken for me to drool over for later when my waist doesn't agree with my cravings!

My mom's birthday wasn't too long ago and being from Texas, one of her all time favorite
desserts is red velvet cake.  I took it upon myself to try to make a layered red velvet cake from scratch and it was amazing.  Thinking about it and looking at these pictures has me in the mood to bake one again!

With yesterday being Valentine's Day I couldn't help but think of this yummy red dessert.....hmmm maybe I'll have to start baking another one!

 Another southern trait from mom are the pecans!  They only add to the amazing flavor of this yummy treat :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment